Have Ewe Any Wool?

Friday, February 09, 2007

She Likes It! She Likes It!

Hurrah! Got a call from my mom - she's received the blue Merino scarf I made her - and she LOVES it! She was wearing it as we chatted - she said it was so soft and cuddly that she didn't want to take it off! It's the FIRST (Yes, I said FIRST!!!!) project I've completed out of my hand spun!

Yeah, I know, I've been spinning for a while. Hard to believe that this was my FIRST hand spun project, but what can I say, I just LIKE to spin! I do it mainly to relax. I rarely have a specific project in mind....I just love the touch and feel of hand spun skeins. Anyhow, I truly enjoy the process itself - who needs the added "pressure" of MORE projects - I have enough of those with my knitting! LOL!

Of course, when mom found out that I'd never made anything from the wool I've spun, she decided to change that. Last May, she "wondered aloud" about what wool would make a good scarf....saying she really needed a new scarf....and you all know the rest!

(I did have her take a sneak peek at her scarf by checking my post from Feb. 2.....so she did have a "preview"!)

Bed Sock Progress - well, I've managed to ALMOST complete one of the socks for my sister. These bed socks are going to drive me crazy! I'd almost finished the first sock once before, only to discover a horrible error at the heel.....causing me to rip out most of the nearly completed sock! ARGH!!! Anyhow, I'm almost to that point again.....this time with an error free heel. I only have about 1/2 inch more before I need to Kitchener stitch the toe - wahoo!

Spin-to-Knit - I've been playing around with several ideas for the February skein....and I've finally settled on which one to do. I'm quite pleased with how it's coming out.....I hope my pal likes it! Last month, I sent enough light worsted/DK weight for her to complete a very soft and warm winter scarf - especially since winter has finally arrived with a vengeance - in spite of the ground hog's prediction of an early Spring! I also sent some goodies related to one of her other pass times. This month's skein is quite different from the previous one Throughout the process, I've had to make some changes and adaptations - I'm learning more as I attempt to implement my idea - and it's not pefected yet! The other challenge is to come up with some more unique "goodies" to include with the skein!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, J! Beautiful, beautiful work, as you always do. Are you hoping for a snow/ice day tomorrow so we can stay home and knitknitspinspinspinknitknit/play with the livestock? Heaven knows I am.

    Cheers, Karen

     
  • At 5:23 AM, Blogger Jinann said…

    Thanks! And yes, I'm really looking forward to a "lazy day" - I'd had the best intentions earlier, but didn't quite get my sister's bed socks finished! So, now you all know what I'll be doing!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home