Have Ewe Any Wool?

Sunday, February 04, 2007

A Grand Finish to SP9!

My final SP9 package has arrived! Thanks Aimee! I have lots of cool stuff - candles/candle holders (purple, of course!), some dark chocolate (yum!!!!), some mints in a really cool tin that says, "Crafty Girl", a Starbucks gift card (Aimee has picked up on the fact that sometimes we meet to knit and chill in Starbucks....so now, I can have some coffee "on her"), and the final surprise was some really unique yarn.

The yarn is very intriquing - it's mostly black and grey, but also has purple, magenta, and pink - all wrapped in a shimmery metallic green - I'm not sure if the picture really does it justice - it's quite stunning. The yarn is Noro Aurora and is a wool, mohair, silk blend with just a touch of polyester. (You can "double click" on the picture for a closer look.)

And now for an update on the "Swallowtail Shawl" - I've now completed 5 repetitions of "Budding Lace 2" of the pattern. I have a total of 87 stitches on the needle right now. I need to get up to 195 stitches in this pattern before moving on to the "Lily of the Valley Border 1".

2 Comments:

  • At 5:11 PM, Blogger aimee said…

    so glad you enjoyed the gift and this round of SP :) i received your gift shortly before the long drive to erie... so i will post as soon as i get a chance. [didn't take photos before i left]. i love everything!

    thanks!
    aimee

     
  • At 6:45 AM, Blogger Mia said…

    What a great package! I can't wait to see the shawl progress.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home