Have Ewe Any Wool?

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Let It Snow!

Yesterday, I spent the afternoon at a "Spin In" at Susan Withnell's in Maryland. I had a wonderful time spinning, eating, sharing spinning/fleece washing stories, and as an added bonus, even managed to purchase some additional fiber and some fabulous bags! I bought some Merino Silk and Merino Tencel from "The Drafting Zone" (they're located in Bowie, Md). I also bought some sumptuous 40% angora/60% Border Leicester from our hostess - it's to die for! It's so incredibly soft! The wool and angora are from Susan's own rabbits and sheep! Artemis Imaging (darn....I forgot the fellow spinner's name)had some fabulous spindle bags and tote bags - yes, I had to buy some of them too!

Today, we've had about 5-6" of snow...which is beautiful to look at - from inside a warm house. Here are a few photos out my front door and back door. It truly looks like a "Winter Wonderland"!






































As beautiful as it looks outside, all that's supposed to change this afternoon. We're slated for sleet and freezing rain - which means it's the perfect time to continue working on my "Parasol Socks" using a pattern designed by my friend Kay. I've now completed the heel flap and will be moving on to the heel shaping. These pictures do not properly show the beautiful detail of the Parasol pattern or the "Eye of the Partridge" heel pattern. It's beautiful in real life.....and definitely enhanced by the gorgeous Fleece Artist Merino I'm knitting them with.

6 Comments:

  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger Jody said…

    Hopefully we won't have to go out in this mess!

     
  • At 1:48 PM, Blogger Jinann said…

    Yeah....hopefully they'll plow and get things cleaned up much faster than last time!

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger Nic said…

    It's in the sunny 70s here. We're running around in t-shorts and shorts today.

    How does your friend like her rabbits?

     
  • At 4:48 PM, Blogger Jinann said…

    She LOVES them...she has several. They're very sensitive to heat though. And the angora they produce is fabulous!

    PS - I'm VERY jealous about your weather right now, but I keep reminding myself that there were SEVERAL days in January that I was walking my dog in shorts and a t-shirt!

     
  • At 5:48 AM, Blogger Kai said…

    it looks lovely... but i don't like the sound of what's coming next!! :(

    the parasol socks are looking lovely!

     
  • At 6:44 AM, Blogger Mia said…

    Wasn't that snowfall yesterday just gorgeous? It was postcard worthy! If only it had been on a weekday ;) I love the pretty sock. The bluesy colorway is just lovely!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home