Have Ewe Any Wool?

Thursday, March 08, 2007

SP10 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love all kinds of wool - especially Merino or any other soft wool - Cormo, Blue Faced Leicester, Rambouillet, etc. And yes, I also like mohair! There's also some fabulous silk blends and other fibers.....I love them all.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
All kinds of things....I have a couple of old needle cases (a bit dated....but they work) or just in a plastic tub.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
Hmmmmm….off and on since in High School. Probably somewhere between intermediate and advanced. I taught myself, so for a long time, I wasn't 100% sure I was doing it right....and then I heard about Elizabeth Zimmerman who said there is no right way or wrong way to knit. I love it!

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yeah, but my impatience prompts me to get the books ASAP!

5. What's your favorite scent?
Mostly vanilla and cinnamon.....although I do like peach, green tea, and jasmine.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Um....sweet tooth? Me? Dark chocolate - yum!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I love all kinds of fiber arts.....although I've been doing mostly spinning, knitting, and some felting. I have done quilting, cross-stitch, and needlepoint in the past....but haven't really touched them for a while. I've done a little crochet......I'd like to get better at that - it would be real handy for making elegant trims on my knitted pieces.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Pretty much everything and anything.....except country.....I'm kinda picky about what I like there.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Purple is always a good choice for me. I also really like blues. The vibrant pinks, teals, coral, and jewel tones are great too. I love a deep “blue-red” (as opposed to the bright fire-engine red). I love all colors. The yellows and most oranges don't look good on me, but they're great as accents or accessories......so I guess there really aren't many colors that I don't like!

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married with grown children and a resident Shepherd/Huskie mix.....and she LOVES the snow!

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I'm still on my sock kick.....they're quick to knit and have tons of gorgeous yarns and patterns to choose from. They're great for learning new stitch patterns. I also really like knitting bags and other items to felt.

13. What are you knitting right now?
Uh......is this a confession? I have several things I'm actively working on....and many other WIPs that are in time-out or forgotten. The "active" items are: Parasol socks, Half cable socks, Swallowtail Shawl, and Island Cotton face rags.......at least those are the ones I've been working on in the past week or so.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Definitely! They're extra special!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I definitely prefer straight bamboos.....although I also like wood. I do, however, occasionally have to use circs - for felted bags done in the round and for large projects (like afghans). I do my socks on double points.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes....I have both.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Gosh…..20+ years????? (Unless you count the half-made sweater I started in High School and decided NEVER to finish…..bad color choices and WAY out of style. (It was bright yellow, light purple, purple, and deep purple – 4 strands of worsted weight yarn on large needles – UGH!!!!)

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas – presents, family, and food. What a combination!

19. Is there anything that you collect?
I’m a big Betty Boop fan and have several things related to her. Really enjoy “usable” Betty Boop stuff – stationery, sticky-pads, key chains, etc. I also collect old needlework items – old buttons, needles, needle cases, wooden spools (with/without) thread/yarn, etc.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I think I get most of the knitting magazines.....I even go by the bookstore and pick up a couple of British publications as well! As I said before, with books, etc, I'm usually a bit impatient and tend to purchase them for myself....unless I've given a list to relatives for birthday/Christmas ideas.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I keep saying I want to learn how to felt - with the fibers, rather than with a knitted item that you then felt - my goal is to make a "felted picture". I have some ideas, just not the skill to do it yet! I also still want to try "toe up" socks....I still haven't done them!

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes….love to knit socks. I wear a woman’s US 6 ½ to 7 shoe.

23. When is your birthday?
6/30 (the last day of SP10!)

1 Comments:

  • At 12:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks so much for all the information. You are going to be so much fun to have as a secret pal!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home