Have Ewe Any Wool?

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Baby Booties and Dodger

Here's the completed Lace Top Baby Booties I just finished for our friend's first baby. This is my favorite pattern for booties and it's free - Lace Top Baby Booties . It's knit on straights and uses the 3 needle bind off for the bottom, so the only stitching I had to do was the back of each bootie. I like to make the ties in a contrasting color - I find that very appealing.




Now, for the "cute animal" picture. Dodger, my friend Amy's dog, is such a ham. At first glance, I thought he was simply standing on the bench sunning himself, but NO. Look closely at the picture.....he's actually SITTING on the railing of the deck (rear on the railing, rear legs folded in a "seated" position") and he's balancing himself with his front paws! I thought I was going to die laughing when I saw this. According to Amy, he does this all the time. It makes you wonder how he even thought to try it! (Click on the picture to get a larger view so you can see his "pose" better!)

Oh...I almost forgot! I FINALLY made it to Aylin's Woolgatherer. The shop is very nice but it's a bit hidden - 3rd floor of Loehman's Plaza (behind the 7-Eleven are doors to enter the building, then you take the stairs or elevator to the 3rd floor). The store is brimming with yarns, patterns, knitting bags, and notions. I TOTALLY wore myself out looking through the entire room of sale patterns and yarns. I got some fabulous deals - all the patterns I bought were 50-75% off. Aylin is a very warm person and you really feel welcome in her shop - I'm so glad I finally made it there!

5 Comments:

  • At 9:51 PM, Blogger Nic said…

    I want to see him put his butt up there. I went to Aylin's site.. it was really pretty... here I go following you again.

     
  • At 8:31 AM, Blogger Jody said…

    Love the dog pic! Too funny. The booties are cute too - I just printed out the pattern!

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger Lizardknits said…

    Dodger - what a hoot! I wish I'd known you hadn't been to Aylin's, I'd have taken you there! I used to live in the apts across the street.

     
  • At 6:59 AM, Blogger Mia said…

    The wee booties are just darling. I've heard about Aylin's but never managed to get there. Too bad since I totally don't have enough yarn ;)

     
  • At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The doggy pic soooo cute, almost as cute as my Gracey Girl :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home