Have Ewe Any Wool?

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Fabulous Fiber Friends

I truly feel blessed.....through knitting and spinning I have met some of the most awesome people. I spent part of the day today knitting and chatting with a wonderful group of knitters from the Waterford Weavers Knitting Group. I was so inspired by all the wonderful things everyone was knitting....and by some fabulous new books that I'd never seen before!

Virginia hosted the get together today - and it's her fault that I HAD to order some more knitting books - LOL! I looked at two of her recent acquisitions while I was there.....and promptly ordered them when I arrived home - "The Natural Knitter" and "The Yarn Stash Workbook". Aside from tempting me with wonderful books, she was also working on a fabulous creation using the Horst Schulz method - the shawl she's making is GORGEOUS!!! Another girl (I can't remember her name) was wearing an absolutely stunning sweater jacket made from her own hand spun Romney yarn - it was beautiful! Now I feel "the need" to spin up my deep blue/teal Romney. If only there were more hours in a day!

As if this weren't enough fun and inspiration, when I got home, I checked the mailbox and inside was a fabulous surprise from my friend Kris in Michigan. She sent me a couple of patterns that I've never seen before - they're both "HeartStrings" designs. The first one is called "Silk Smoke" and is a lace Smoke Ring - the pattern is just beautiful! The second pattern is for the "Scotch Thistle Lace Stole" - this too is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks Kris!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home