Have Ewe Any Wool?

Sunday, April 01, 2007

A Fabulous "Knitty" Weekend!

It all started Friday evening - Javajem (my hostess from SP9) met me at a local yarn shop. We shopped, chatted and knitted. It was great to finally meet her in person! Then, we ate dinner at Willard's (a wonderful Barbeque place).....they have great tasting reasonably priced food....including their wonderful mashed potatoes! We definitely have to get together again when we have more time to just knit and maybe even spin! I also need to head up her way and check out her local yarn shops!

Saturday was spent on a field trip with the Purls of Distinction Knitting Guild and some members of the Waterford Weavers to visit Blue Heron Yarns in Easton, Maryland. Upon our arrival in Easton, we went to Legal Spirits Tavern for lunch before the trek to Blue Heron Yarns.

The food was wonderful! I had a crab cake sandwich which was very good. I also tasted their famous creamy crab soup - YUM!!!! I finished the meal with a totally awesome dessert - a brownie souffle with molten bittersweet chocolate in the middle topped with whipped cream and ice cream. It was FABULOUS!!!

Blue Heron Yarns has fabulous hand painted yarns. It's a local small business - a "mother and son" operation. Demian was there on Saturday, but we didn't get to meet his mom. Maybe next time! (Many shops carry their yarn - so be sure to look for it!)













Here's some shots of the warehouse and some of the yarns drying in the back room.









And some shots of a few of the happy knitters.....cuddled by all the fabulous colors and fibers! Lots of colors and inspirations here!












Wow! What a weekend! I definitely found some wonderful close-outs - all in fabulous colors! This was definitely a "knitter's dream".

And, tonight, I managed to fit in a bit of spinning to finish off the weekend. I really need to get back to knitting - I have too many WIPs! I definitely need to finish my Swallowtail shawl as I have several other shawls that I want to start as well!

3 Comments:

  • At 11:59 PM, Blogger Nic said…

    You live my dream life.

     
  • At 7:55 AM, Blogger Kai said…

    you're not kidding about it being a knitter's dream!! don't wake me up.. *drools*

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger Jody said…

    Wow - Blue Heron looks just as yummy as I remember!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home