Have Ewe Any Wool?

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Inspirations!

I am suffering from a severe lack of time to knit and spin, but definitely am not suffering from the lack of "Inspirations"!

At our guild meeting tonight (Purls of Distinction Knitting Guild), several members had fabulous "works of art" to share with everyone. My only regret is that I didn't take photos of all the fabulous creations (like Pamela's felted French Market Basket and Virginia's fabulous vest!)





Yvonne had the most gorgeous mitered sweater I'd ever seen.....it's absolutely breath taking! I think the picture speaks for itself!





Check out Jo Anne's "Knitted Babe" (from a pattern in the "Knitted Babe's" book). Don't you love the necklace the "babe" is wearing? Nora's fabulous jacket (one half of which is shown on the table) is the "Lastrada" by Hanne Falkenberg. It comes as a kit - it's quite stunning. The thought of having 450 stitches in a single row is a bit scarey!!!! The Hanne Falkenberg site shows a completed "Lastrada" Jacket.













And the baby items: Jo Anne's adorable baby sweater....it's the sweetest little sweater....complete with little duck buttons! Nora's baby blanket finished up beautifully - I love the patterning....a sort of basket weave that gives it both depth and interest. The second photo is a gorgeous cabled sweater out of Aran Silk if I'm remembering correctly. I just love the "braided cable" on the front of it! (Be sure to click on the photos for a "close-up" of the stitches so you can see the details!)

<











Joan is working on a very interesting crochet project....you can try it too! It's the Lorenz Manifold Crochet Pattern. It looks absolutely fascinating....and is a bit challenging to crochet since the instructions are from the UK and must be translated to US crochet terms! (Be sure to scroll down when you bring up the link....there are several pictures embedded in the 29 page document.)

3 Comments:

  • At 6:57 AM, Blogger Mia said…

    That's a lot of creative projects! I heard about the crochet manifold and it made me so jealous of crocheters! It looks very cool, not that I understand any of the behind it :o

     
  • At 4:42 AM, Blogger Kai said…

    those are all so fantastic!! :)

     
  • At 12:45 PM, Blogger Nic said…

    Guilds are great for inspiration. In my experience that's where there are more experienced knitters gathered. Plus there's the educational component... oh you're making my mind wander back to a time when I was in one

     

Post a Comment

<< Home