Have Ewe Any Wool?

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Swallowtail Shawl Has Been "Bound Off"!

I'm so excited! After bemoaning the fact that I was "never" going to finish the Swallowtail Shawl late last week, I really kicked into "high gear". I had 2 rows left of "Lily of the Valley Border 1" at that time. Well, I really "got down to it" and finished "Lily of the Valley Border 1" AND "Lily of the Valley Boarder 2" and went right into the "Peaked Edging".

Last night, before going to my knitting/spinning group, I got to within 2 rows of completing the "Peaked Edging". I'd planned to finish the final rows of the pattern as well as the edge finishing when I got home, but life intervened as it sometimes does. So, it was on to "Plan B": I finished knitting and "bound off" this morning before going to work! What a fabulous way to start the day! It felt soooooo good! I still have to weave in a couple of ends, soak it, and block it......but the hard part is done!

This photo shows my progress by late last week (my "Very Secret SP10 Pal" said she wanted to see photos of the shawl "in progress"). At this point, I had just attached the 3rd ball of yarn, so it was approximately halfway done.




And here's a photo of the "bound off" shawl - it looks quite small because it's not blocked yet. As soon as I soak it and pin it out for blocking, I'll take another photo or two for comparison....perhaps with a yardstick nearby to provide the "before" and "after" measurements.

On another note, I discovered yet another knitting quiz. I had very definitive answers for most of the questions....especially those relating to the volume of yarn and the number/types of projects!







What Kind of Knitter Are You?




You appear to be a Knitting Guru. You love knitting and do it all the time. While finishing a piece is the plan, you still love the process, and can't imagine a day going by without giving some time to your yarn. Packing for vacation involves leaving ample space for the stash and supplies. It can be hard to tell where the yarn ends and you begin.http://marniemaclean.com
Take this quiz!








Quizilla |
Join

| Make A Quiz | More Quizzes | Grab Code

1 Comments:

  • At 12:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The color of your swallowtail shawl is wonderful. I can't wait to see it blocked.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home