Have Ewe Any Wool?

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Spinning, Knitting, and Wonderful Surprises!


Sunday, I bought this sheep statue for my garden. However, when I got it home, I decided it was too cute to get all nasty outdoors, so I decided it would be an "indoor" sheep....I can use it to "model yarn" and other goodies!


I've finally been able to get some spinning done. I spun a couple of hours Sunday and Monday evenings and have even managed to work in some spinning time BEFORE work in the mornings! Tuesday I even made it to my spinning group. I'm well into my second bobbin of "mystery wool". I'm still trying to spin as thin as possible so I can attempt to make a lightweight two-ply. I intend to make a pair of socks with half of it and gift the person who gave me the "mystery wool" with the other half.

I managed to get a little bit of knitting in as well. I've completed another row on the Swallowtail Shawl. Geez....it seems like I'm averaging about 1 row per week. At this rate, I'm NEVER going to get it finished! I'm 2 rows from starting the 4th pattern in the shawl, "Lily of the Valley Border 2".

I mailed the package to my "Secret Spinning Pal" in the UK on Saturday and she received it yesterday! That was fast! It turns out that Monday was a holiday in the UK, so this package REALLY sped it's way there - unlike the Easter card I sent my daughter. I mailed it LAST Tuesday and it didn't make it to Michigan until THIS past Tuesday.......I totally convince that it went by "Pony Express". My SP in the UK was a pleasure to get to know and I think it will be fun to stay in touch!

And now, the fabulous part of today - I got a package from my "Very Secret SP10 Pal". It's a fabulous package! I love it! There's some very wonderful hand-dyed super wash sock yarn that she dyed herself - it's absolutely gorgeous! (It's the bright pink yarn in the picture). It's going to make some magnificent socks! I also received some Knit Picks "Shadow" in a rich purple and some beads that match it beautifully. Now I need to figure out which lace pattern to use .....purple iridescent beads and purple yarn.....yum! Perhaps the "Scotch Thistle Lace Stole"? And....I got a deck of scenic "Colorado" playing cards. Thank you sooooo much!

7 Comments:

  • At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow! That was super-fast! I was told you wouldn't get the package until Saturday. I'm so glad you like everything, and I can hardly wait to see what you're going to knit!

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL. THE SHEEP IS FANTASTIC.

    Also, mm, look at those goodies.

     
  • At 4:13 PM, Blogger Lizardknits said…

    Love the sheep - does she have a name yet?

     
  • At 5:08 PM, Blogger Jinann said…

    No name yet....I'm trying to think of a good one!

     
  • At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Jinann, I LOVED the goodies, and yep that post was really fast!

     
  • At 10:52 PM, Blogger Nic said…

    I think sheepy wants to stay indoors too,.

     
  • At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awwwww that is a cute little sheep :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home