Have Ewe Any Wool?

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Stamping - More Projects...and Some Basics

.
I've totally fallen off the deep end when it comes to stamping. I've now taken a total of 3 classes at Angela's Happy Stamper. I just love it! It definitely appeals to the part of me that want "instant gratification"! After each class, I have a set of hand stamped greeting cards...always 3-5 COMPLETED projects. How cool is that?

After the initial class a few weeks ago, I took a more advanced class on Brayering.....it was fabulous! I love how you can make a night sky...or a body of water. All with a small set of stamps and inks, with the addition of a few simple tools. The tree on the left is my favorite...I can't wait to make more of these!














Now that I've taken the more advanced classes, I went back to take a basic class. I definitely needed to learn what inks are used with what paper...and what pens (Coptic markers or watercolors) are used best in combination with what inks? We played around with several techniques and learned how to emboss. Of course, I purchased more tools and stamps! How could I resist?

The good thing about adding this craft to my repertoire is that the tools, supplies, and equipment are MUCH more compact than those for spinning, knitting, and weaving! I guess what I'm trying to say is that there is definitely "room" for this craft...in addition to my fiber addictions!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home