Have Ewe Any Wool?

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Tour de Fleece Update




The first bobbin of my hand dyed Targhee is finally done! Ready to start on the second one! Tour de Fleece has truly helped keep me on track with my spinning projects! There are only a couple of more days, to go. I've managed to spin some on every day...even the "rest" days!




Of course, with all the spinning, my knitting and other things get pushed to the back burner...and exhibit little or no progress. If only there were more hours in a day!

Now to segue from spinning to weaving....and a bit of Norwegian culture. My friend, Melanie, recently traveled to Norway and took sojme weaving classes in Bergen. She had a wonderful time and made some incredible samples. What a fabulous experience!










She purchased some completed weaving as well. What I found interesting was that both sides of the weaving are typically used. The more ornate side is the side used when you have company. The other side is for every day use. Pretty cool, eh?






















Melanie also brought back fabric and ribbons to make an alternative Bunad. It has purples and greens in it and is absolutely gorgeous. The model for her new Bunad can be seen in the post card on the left. The Bunads are definitely a piece of art and cost a pretty penny to make, but are definitely worth it! I really need to start looking at/planning mine!





Beadwork compatible with her current belt.





Below is a close-up of the beadwork for the new Bunad and the skirt fabric to go with it.










A compilation of the components - scarf, skirt fabric, silk, yarn, and beading - for the new Bunad. I just LOVE the colors!!!!













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home