Have Ewe Any Wool?

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Very Productive Week!

.
I managed to get quite a bit of knitting done this week! Whew!

I finished a secret project (pictures in a later post). It took MUCH longer than anticipated, but I'm quite pleased with the results.

I also finished first sock of the "Panda Silk" socks. It feels absolutely luscious! My feet are going to feel so pampered when they wear this sock! The drape is fabulous too making it the perfect yarn for shawls, stoles, and scarves. It would even make a fabulous shell! Perhaps I'll make another shell like the one I made this past summer. The only down side is that I don't really like how the colors pool and spread throughout the sock. I don't think the second sock will be an identical match, but I'm hoping it will be close enough!

On Wednesday, I went to Stitch 'n Bitch and was totally inspired by Leslie's incredible mitered square blanket. She's making a queen size blanket out of Noro - the colors and overall effect are fabulous! Isn't it gorgeous?



She patiently tutored me on the finer points of picking up the stitches and connecting the square as you knit rather than sewing them together. Wow! My friends, Amy and Elizabeth, have also made gorgeous blankets using this technique. I'm definitely going to start one now...especially since I know where I can get instant help if I get confused!

I had started a pair of fingerless gloves using some sock weight alpaca with a bit of glitter in it. I was using the Berroco pattern from the Sockcetera pattern booklet. Unfortunately, knitting on the size 2 DPNs produced a very baggy wrist edge...and the body of the fingerless glove will be even worse! So, it's back to the drawing board for me! I'm going to check out the patterns in the "Vogue Knitting Mittens and Gloves" book that I received from my in-laws....perhaps I can find the perfect pattern there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home