Have Ewe Any Wool?

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Tuesday Night Spinning

.
Once again, there were 6 of us at the Centreville Library - a very friendly and warm group. Liz even made it! I hadn't seen her for quite a while...and Jo was there too - I hadn't seen her for several months either! Rounding out the group was Alice, Samantha, and Reggie. A delightful group of spinners/fiber artists!

This low-key fun evening was just what I needed to help tame the stress and reign in all the hustle and bustle associated with the upcoming holidays! Spinning is such a calming activity! It definitely is a form of therapy, but with a slight difference - you get a reward (yarn) rather than paying out tons of $$$ and having nothing physical to show for it! Of course, I do spend a bit on the raw materials...and the spinning wheels...and all the other goodies that are "needed" for spinning.

I spun quite a bit more of the purple Merino that I had purchased last year at the NY Sheep and Wool Festival. And, this time, I remembered to take a photo of both the singles on the bobbin and the roving itself to show the variation in the colors - I just love it! The bobbin holds quite a bit, so it seems like I've been spinning forever. Hopefully, I'll finish off the bobbin and complete the second one over the next few weeks. I can't wait to get this yummy yarn plied! As I recall, it's a bit under a pound of roving, so I'm not sure what it will "grow up to be", but I'm sure it will be something to wear against the skin - it's so incredibly soft!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home