Have Ewe Any Wool?

Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

.

It's Christmas Eve already! Well...what's not done yet will remain undone. I'm keeping it simple anyway, so that's perfect - simple foods, simple decorations. The focus will be on spending fun times with family and friends. (If you look closely, you can see our intrepid watchdog peering out at me from the windows to the right of the door.)



About 1 1/2 weeks ago, I was CERTAIN that my Christmas Cacti (I have two of them) would NOT bloom at Christmastime. However, I noticed that one of them started to get buds earlier this week. Low and behold, this morning, there was a bloom! How's that for timing!


This morning, we headed off to DH's uncle's for Christmas brunch. It was wonderful! The drive there was beautiful. The mountains and fields are somewhat brown this time of year, but I think they're still beautiful. (You can see the mountains better if you double click on the photo.).


These yummy cookies were decorated by DH's cousin under the close supervision of her 7 year old son. Don't they look festive?












When we arrived home, I found that I'd received a swap package - the "card and flat ornament" swap. Inside was an adorable hand-crafted quilted wall hanging. I just love it! It's perfect in my "keeping it simple" decor this year. This wall hanging, the wreath on my door, and my poinsettia are my main decorations this year.



Right now, we're anxiously awaiting my step-daughter's arrival - she's joining us for Christmas this year - wahoo! We can't wait! She gets to share our tradition of eating at a local Afghan restaurant and sipping on Kashmiri tea (a pink tea with almonds and cardomom) - it's fabulous! The tradition started several years ago when we found ourselves a bit hungry on Christmas Eve with only about 1 1/2 hrs. left until time to Christmas Eve services at church...and I really didn't feel like cooking. At the time, they were the only restaurant open on Christmas Eve...thus, the start of a new tradition!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home