Have Ewe Any Wool?

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

More Knitting and Spinning Progress

.
I think I'm about half way done with the roving I bought from Roclan's at last year's Shenandoah Fall Fiber Festival! It's a luscious color way that I've started calling, "Raspberry Sherbet" - it looks good enough to eat! I had finished the first bobbin a while back and started the second bobbin while I was in NY. Now, I'm definitely making quite a bit of progress on the second bobbin! Wahoo!!!! It won't be long until I can ply it!

I'm really coming along on the vest in Plymouth Baby Alpaca Grande - I'm about 4 inches through the last 8 inches! I have to "spit splice" the final skein of yarn, knit about 1/3 of it and then I'll be done. All that will be left will be the sewing of the side seams.

The construction is pretty cool and makes this a very quick and easy project to do. It's basically a big rectangle....just one set of decreases and one set of increases...so it's perfect for "mindless knitting"!

The second sock is "plodding along" as well. I tend to work on it when I'm in "waiting mode" - waiting for someone to arrive, waiting for all to get ready, etc.

Oh...and here's the progress I've made on my Shetland wool in the "Star" color way. I just love how it looks! And I'm nearly done with the first ounce! Only 3 ounces to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home