Have Ewe Any Wool?

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Knitting Progress - the "Nearly Dones"

.
The "Brandywine Shawl" is finally nearly done! I only have 16 rows left to do. I'm planning to do a practice run for part of it as the bind off is an I-Cord bind off - something I've never done before. I definitely want to practice that technique on scrap yarn before I try it on the shawl!


I'm also nearly done with the first sock in my latest pair....just a few more rows to close the toe and I'll be done! Then, it's on to the second sock. I LOVE the colors...purples and greens go so well together!


I'll close with some of the photos of the gorgeous flowers I encountered on my Labor Day dog walk. I was intrigued when I looked at the closeup of the orange flower - it had little stars arranged in a circle within the brown center. I'd never really examined these flowers closely - it was a surprising observation. (Be sure to double click on the photo on the bottom right so you can see the "stars".)










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home