Have Ewe Any Wool?

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Winter Wonderland!

.
My front yard - a beautiful covering of pure, white snow!


Wow! It started snowing last night, and it hasn't stopped since! So far, we've got over 20 inches of snow here! Unbelievable! This morning, there was only about 6-7 inches on the ground. Sandy was LOVING it!!!! She's still loving it - she truly enjoys "bounding and leaping" in the snow....just like a gazelle!






















My deck is absolutely covered with snow. However, it's a great place to get snow for making "Snow Cream"! Yummmmmm!













And my neighbor's car is almost entirely hidden!


My postman actually delivered packages today! It's unbelievable! Our road has not been plowed at all - and probably won't for a few days. However, my dear postman trudged through two blocks of unplowed snow to deliver packages to the folks in my neighborhood. How awesome is that? He definitely went well above and beyond the call of duty today. I'm absolutely amazed by his dedication!

The good thing about all this snow is that I'm really making progress on my "Weekend Retreat Cardi". I'm well into the first arm! It's starting to "look" like a sweater! Wahoo! However, I'm starting to worry that I may have made it too small! Ugh! I decided to make a large rather than an XL because I knit very loose....but now, it looks like I should have made the XL after all. Oh well....perhaps that will give my diet the extra boose it needs! After all, I can't let all that work go to waste!




2 Comments:

  • At 7:17 AM, Blogger CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said…

    WOW, You got more snow than we ever get in Michigan. Unbelievable indeed. I could hardly believe your neighbors car was totally under snow. And the postman should get a gold medel for him braven that awful weather. Merry Christmas. Hugs Judy

     
  • At 5:22 PM, Blogger Lizardknits said…

    WOW! You've got a really great postman! Here it is a week later, and our postman just drives by - he can't reach the mailbox from his jeep. He'd have to get out and reach over the snow. (obviously, too much effort) Yes, we've dug out - but the snowplows packed it in front of the mailbox too densely to dig it out there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home