Have Ewe Any Wool?

Friday, November 20, 2009

Weekend Retreat Cardi

.
The "Weekend Retreat Cardi" I've been working on is now at the "mindless knitting" stage. I've completed the top portion and have put the sleeves on stitch holders for now. I'm working on the body of the cardigan, so it's just plain old stockinette stitch - row after row. This will continue for several inches as I've decided I want a much longer sweater than the design in the pattern. Mindless knitting is good - no need to stress out this time of year!!!



I also finished and shipped the felted Christmas stocking I had started last month. I loved the final shape of the stocking - it came out perfect! I then decided to keep the embellishments simple - a little gold ric-rac, some lace, and a "silk" poinsettia. I'm quite pleased with the results and definitely plan to make more of these!



I've started a "Potato Chip" scarf as well - as if I don't have enough projects going! I'm using two very different yarns for added interest - I'm knitting it with a strand of Trendsetter "Super Kid Seta" run along with a strand of Gjestal "Ullteppegarn". I'll post pictures when it's done as it doesn't really look like anything while it's on the needles. I have a couple of other very small projects that I've completed, but can't post pictures yet because I don't want to spoil the surprise for the recipient(s)!

On another note, we had our annual elections tonight at our Sons of Norway lodge. Once again, I've been elected as a "Greeter"....and so was my friend Greta! I truly enjoy the job...and sharing the responsibilities with a good friend is even better!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are right your stocking turned out perfect! I like the embellishments you chose.

     
  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger K @ Tidewater Knits said…

    Oooh, love the stocking. Beats the heck out of those felt monstrosities lining the shop shelves this year. =D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home