Have Ewe Any Wool?

Friday, November 13, 2009

Weaving...and a Bit of Felting

.
New "toy" - I bought a loom last Friday - it's a LeClerc Artisat 4 Shaft 36" weaving width folding loom! I'm so excited - I always wanted one with foot treadles, so this is perfect! I purchased it from my friend, Jayme. She has a nearly finished scarf on the loom making it easy for me to practice weaving before I warp it for a project of my own!

I've been searching for a "Weave-It" (a very small loom) for quite some time now. I dearly wanted one of the old vintage versions, but needed the box and instruction set as well. I finally found one and it arrived this past Tuesday. Isn't it adorable? I think I now have a complete set of looms....from 36" to 2"! (At least until I finally get proficient at weaving and need to add a "Mighty Wolf"!)

On the felting front, I've felted my Christmas stocking for my MA exchange. The felting process really shrunk this one - it's now:

  • 13" (top of sock to base of heel)
  • 6 3/4" (across the midpoint of the leg)
  • 10 1/2" (heel to tip of the toe)
Originally, the measurements were:
  • 25" (top of sock to base of foot)
  • 10" (across the leg)
  • 17" (heel to tip of the toe)

The stocking looks a bit plain at the moment. I'll be decorating it all weekend and hopefully it will be transformed into a thing of beauty. At least that's the plan.......

From the same source that I got the "Weave-It", I also got a needle felting tool called a "Tangle Tool" as well as a bunch of additional felting needles. I believe that my felting tool set is now complete as well. The only thing I'm missing are the molds - I have no foot molds or hat molds...but I'm not sure I really need them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home