Have Ewe Any Wool?

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Magic Arrow Scarf is FINALLY Finished!

.
Wow...the "Magic Arrow Scarf" I've been knitting out of Furnace Mountain alpaca has taken forever to knit! But now, it's finally done! It's developed into quite a long scarf - using the full 355 yards of yarn in the lacy pattern. I did make a bit of a mistake with it, though. I had several "false starts" when I began knitting it, and as a result, I totally forgot to edge it with 2 rows of knitting when I made the final attempt. As a result, I had to forgo the edging at the other end as I must have symmetry! The scarf feels absolutely divine - it's so soft! This project makes it a grand total of 3 finished objects this past week! Wahoo!

Hmmm....what to start next? I believe I'm going to start a cardigan out of Brown Sheep Serendipity Tweed (60% cotton and 40% wool)in the Poinsettia color way. It should be a quick knit and will be a much needed addition to my fall wardrobe!

Next, it's off to Rhinebeck, NY for the New York Sheep and Wool Festival. I can't wait! I'll be helping Linda and Leanna of Misty Mountain Farm with their booth. It should be a lot of fun!
(Hopefully, working at the show will keep me from spending too much on yarn and fiber....I'll be shopping for others in the short amount of time I'll have available for shopping!)

Hmmm.....I wonder if we'll get the first frost while I'm gone....rendering these lovely persimmons edible. I guess I'll just have to wait and see! (By the way, the leaves in the background are from another tree - the persimmon tree itself is virtually devoid of leaves.)

2 Comments:

  • At 7:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your scarf looks great, have fun at Rhinebeck (how could you not)!

     
  • At 7:04 PM, Blogger K @ Tidewater Knits said…

    Ooh, Rhineback. Someday I'll get there.

    Love your lace scarf (I bet it feels amazing) and mm, persimmons.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home