Have Ewe Any Wool?

Saturday, December 05, 2009

Our First Snow....and the Norwegian Christmas Bazaar

.
The weatherman was TOTALLY wrong today- he said we wouldn't see a wisp of the white stuff until well after dark. Obviously, he was mistaken. This shot was taken just and hour or so after the snow had begun. When all was said and done, we had a total of just over 4 inches at my house!

This morning I arrived at the Elks Lodge to "man the sweater booth" at the Norwegian Bazaar and within a half hour, the snow started. It made for a lovely view out the windows and generally put us all in a festive Christmas mood. However, I believe the crowds were somewhat limited by worries of slippery roads. Many did venture out....and were appropriately dressed. Check out this little guy - don't you just love his hat?

My favorite part of the bazaar is the food - lots of Nordic treats to select from over at the Norwegian Church booth as well as the freshly made heart waffles. Of course, I went home with some lingonberry jam, some cloudfruit spread, salted licorice, as well as assorted other sweets. Mmmmmm!










I also love the sweaters - they are so warm, cuddly, and colorful! I found a traditionally styled one for me this year and I'm planning to wear it as my "winter coat". The one on the upper right of the photo is the same as the one I selected - it's going to be one of my gifts from DH. Love it!










The Norwegian Ambassador stopped in for a visit and to do some shopping as well. He graciously posed for a picture with me and the various "wares". The colors and the variety of items is always intriguing. I love everything about the bazaar. Everyone is happy, festive, and dressed in some flavor of Nordic dress. Ahh.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home