Have Ewe Any Wool?

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Juletrefest!

.
God Jul!

This past Friday evening was the Juletrefest for our Sons of Norway Lodge. We always have a wonderful smorgasbord of both traditional Norwegian foods as well as American food. This year was no exception. I tried a new dish using a recipe from my friend, Pat. It was a very festive yam, apple and cranberry casserole - delicious! Many thanks to Pat for this wonderful recipe. (Sorry....I only took a picture "pre-baked" version).


There was the usual dancing around the Christmas Tree, the singing of carols in both Norwegian and English, as well as a visit from Santa. The kids really enjoyed getting their presents and treats. I just love the look of wonder and anticipation in their eyes!























I also got in some knitting while singing carols. I'm finally down to the ribbing on my "Retreat Cardi" - it's about 1/2 done! After that, all that's left are the sleeves and the button bands! I should have a finished cardi within a couple of weeks! Oh, I almost forgot - I wasn't the only one knitting or crocheting at the lodge meeting! Check out the crafty mother/daughter team that I found at the back of the room!

The Sweater Tree

On Saturday night, I was in Washington, DC for a holiday party. As I was walking up Connecticut Avenue, I spotted a fabulous "sweater tree" in the window of "United Colors of Benetton". This is the ultimate in Christmas trees - it's entirely decorated in miniature knitted sweaters! How cool is that?

5 Comments:

  • At 7:36 PM, Blogger Nashe' said…

    Hi , when is sp15 starting ? would you knwo where i should go ? thanx in advance !!!

     
  • At 7:45 PM, Blogger Jinann said…

    Hmmm....I'm not sure myself! I'll try to find out.

     
  • At 6:07 AM, Blogger Jinann said…

    SP15 won't start until sometime after the holidays....no date has been set yet.

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger sarah said…

    Amazing mini sweaters on the Christmas tree in Benetton. It is identical to the one in London!

     
  • At 7:22 AM, Blogger CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said…

    Hello Jinann, I loved seeing the photos of your Norway Christmas Party. I had NO idea you was from Norway. I have always admire that country and always wanted to visit too. I can not even knit a stitch but loved seeing that knitted sweater Christmas Tree. Awesome. Thanks for sharing all those pics with us. Hugs Judy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home