Have Ewe Any Wool?

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Let it Snow...Let it Snow....Let it Snow!



We finally got some snow here - and it's gorgeous! It was quite warm (mid 30's), so it was lovely while the snow was falling. My dog and I really enjoyed our walk today - we both love to walk in freshly fallen snow - it's so beautiful and pure!




I couldn't resist taking a few pictures from the front and the back of my house. We got a total of 5 inches before the drizzly rain started (yuck!). The commute tomorrow morning will be pretty ugly....especially since the temperature will be dropping overnight.




BUT.....by tomorrow afternoon, it will be warmer (40's???) - which is great as I'll be heading up north to Lancaster, PA for a knitting and spinning retreat with the Lancaster Spinner's and Weaver's Guild. The retreat center we're staying at has some wonderful trails and is gorgeous when covered in snow. The organizer of the retreat e-mailed to say that they were getting a little snow today, so the setting will be absolutely picture perfect.

The roads should be fine tomorrow afternoon for traveling, but there's more snow expected on Saturday (at least around here). But then, Sunday should be great for travel once again. I can't wait! My poor little car will be so overloaded with everything "fiber" - spinning wheels, looms, yarn, knitting needles....and of course, I need to leave room for my friend Lynn and all her gear as well!

There are two things that I hope to learn this weekend - Navajo plying and "Toe up" socks. One of the girls is teaching a class on the Toe Up socks, so that's a confirmed "class". As for the Navajo plying technique, I'm SURE there will be someone there that knows how to do it! The rest of the time I'll spend knitting and spinning and chatting....and of course, working in a bit of Yoga!

5 Comments:

  • At 1:51 AM, Blogger Kai said…

    It Looks absolutely beautiful! I love snow when I'm sat inside and I can just watch it. Being out in it? No thanks!

    Ohh a Knitting & Spinning retreat? Sounds lovely!

     
  • At 11:31 PM, Blogger Nic said…

    It snowed here too... 5 whole minutes. That's 300 seconds of gorgeous snow.

    I expect to learn from you toe up socks and navajo plying so I hope you learn it well enough to teach me from a far...

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    SNOW! Preeeetty.

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger Jinann said…

    Eeeek! Long distance teaching! Oh, the pressure! LOL!

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger Lanea said…

    Yay snow! It made me so happy.

    I hope you had a great time at the retreat.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home