Have Ewe Any Wool?

Friday, January 11, 2008

Christmas Surprises!

And the Christmas celebration continues.....

I got the best present - a visit from my daughter! Wahoo! It's a belated Christmas celebration, but definitely just as festive. The hard part is cramming a lot of catching up and mother-daughter moments into just a couple of days.

She brought me some fabulous hand dyed yarn from "Woven Art" - a wonderful shop in East Lansing that I have the pleasure of visiting about 1 1/2 years ago. Nancy (the shop owner)is a very talented fiber artist and extremely pleasant. Her shop is very comfortable and welcoming with lots of fabulous yarns and fibers to choose from. It's definitely a "must visit" if you're ever in the Lansing/East Lansing, MI area.
My wonderful daughter remembered how much I loved Nancy's shop....especially the hand-dyed yarns, so she selected some special yarns just for me. The color way is comprised of varied hues of purple...definitely a favorite in this house! In addition to the fabulous color, these skeins are quite large - 350 yards each! The yarn is a worsted weight and a fiber content of 55% Mohair and 45% wool. I think it will make a stunning shawl - especially with the subtle shading variations. With a total of 700 yards of yarn to work with, I can make just about any shawl that I want!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aww that is so beautiful! The yarn is absolutely gorgeous!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home