Have Ewe Any Wool?

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Year's Day - 2008

So far, so good on the resolutions!

I started my new year with a fabulous New Year’s Day Yoga class – “Jump Start Your New Year With Yoga” – the class description said “Wring out the old and breathe in the new” – what a great way to welcome the year! In addition to the 2 hour workshop, I did 20 minutes of “legs up the wall” - very relaxing and rejuvenating!

I did very well on all of the “diets” as well – yarn, fiber, and food! The yoga session also reinforced my last resolution – it was almost as though they’d read it! The centering at the beginning of the workshop addressed the very same issues!

I ended my New Years Celebration at the Tuesday knitting/spinning group. Only a few folks turned out, but it was great to get some knitting done! I completed the heel of my latest sock – and I’m ready to pick up for the gusset – wahoo! (The sock yarn is from my stash….just in case you’re wondering.) Hmmmm……I just realized that I need to add my sock project to Ravelry…..as well as the fingerless gloves I finished last week! Pictures will be forthcoming….the laptop is still crying its “death knell” and it’s a royal pain to put them on my desktop. Hopefully, the laptop will be restored to good health by the end of next weekend so I can get caught up on all the photos!

4 Comments:

  • At 11:13 PM, Blogger Nic said…

    What's the leg wally thing?

     
  • At 5:59 AM, Blogger Jinann said…

    You lie flat on your back with your rump against the wall and put your legs up the wall. It takes a lot of stress off your heart, clears out your legs, and will help prevent/reduce the chance of varicose veins. You can also do a variety of stretches while in this position - and, because the back is supported, it's less stressful on the back. This is a GREAT way to start or end your day...and perfect after a car or plane trip!

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Nic said…

    I'm going to do that. How much time do I spend like that?

     
  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger Jinann said…

    You can get some benefit from as little as 5 minutes. I tend to do 10-20 minutes....and you don't have to stay in the same position for whole time. You can do bound-angle, tree pose, and various other yoga poses while you're there. Or, you can just bend your knees slightly when your legs get tired and then after a while, straighten them back up the wall.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home