Have Ewe Any Wool?

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Knitting and Spinning Progress

.
Whew! Finally! Some real progress on the "198 Yards of Heaven Shawl" - the end is in sight! I seem to have used a lot of the yarn and I'm getting worried that I might run out. I thought I had about 34 extra yards, but now, I'm thinking that with the thicker yarn, I'm using more than I'd thought!











I completed the "Christmas Bag" for the stocking or bag swap. My swap partner preferred a bag, so I modeled this somewhat after a Santa Bag, but did it in blue and white - colors that remind me of the winter and snow. For the swap, the 24 gifts can go inside, but once the holidays are over, the bag can be used as a project bag or whatever...it's certainly not limited to just the holidays!










I've managed to work in quite a bit of spinning this fall with my drop spindle. Typically, it's while I'm waiting somewhere...like the lobby of the Synetic Theater....waiting to see "Othello". (This photo was actually the one taken while waiting to see "Macbeth" a few weeks earlier, but i was doing the same thing while waiting to see "Othello". (BTW - this theater group is FANTASTIC!!! If you ever get the chance to view one of their productions, do it!!!!)

1 Comments:

  • At 7:08 AM, Anonymous mia said…

    That bag is so cute! I saw Synetic's production of Dante's Inferno a few years ago. It was really wonderful!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home