Have Ewe Any Wool?

Thursday, July 02, 2009

More Birthday Treats

Wow....the celebration continues!

Brittaney baked me a yummy lemon cake and left it at Nature's Yarns for me...what a sweetie! I'm just sorry she wasn't there when I arrived so I could give her a big hug! Brittaney is one of the most thoughtful teenagers I've ever met. It's hard to believe I won't see much of her this next year...she's off to college!

Tiffany, a very prolific knitter, spoiled me with a yummy handknit neck warmer - Oh...the color! Oh...the feel! (I know there's probably a fancy name for it, but I just can't put my finger on it right now!) Anyhow, this photo does not highlight the true color or lushness of this piece. The purple is very deep and rich with blue undertones. I love it! I can't wait until wintertime (Did I really say that? Yes..., I did. But only because it means I can wear the neck warmer as it's a bit too hot to wear it now.) This will definitely be well used on the long dog walks I take...or any other time I have to venture out in the cold!

In addition to the gorgeous neckwarmer, she made a lovely handcrafted scissor fob (in purple, of course!) as well as some very dainty stitch markers. Tiffany got quite a kick out of me "wrapping" the scissor fob around my wrist. I was thinking it was a bracelet...LOL....I still think it would make a lovely bracelet! Once again, the photo fails to show the true colors. Oh, well...you'll just have to trust me when I say it's a lovely purple.

My friend, Amy, gave me a gift certificate - just perfect for more yarny goodness. My big decision will be whether to use it on some of the lush yarns I've been ogling, or whether to wait a couple of weeks to see what new yarns arrive. Right now, there is some awesome new sock yarn - Zauberball! The yarn has bands of color that seem to gently shade into another. Decisions.....decisions!

Oh...and there was also the fabulous box of goodies I got from Rachel for the Ravelry Birthday Swap. And, there was also the cute Hedgehog that Rebecca sent me from France. It was an early birthday gift she had added to "Monthly Adventures" Ravelry swap.

All in all, it's been a fabulous birthday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home