Have Ewe Any Wool?

Thursday, June 04, 2009

Yes! There was progress!

Vacation is a great time to work in a bit of knitting and spinning. While in Illinois, I managed to complete my "Dark Chocolate Raspberry" socks. Finally! I love the color. BUT....the socks are not quite identical. Drat! There's a bit more white in the second half of the ball and the striping didn't seem to follow the exact same pattern. Oh, well.

I also finished spinning the rest of my "Cherry Kissed Justin" - the mohair I'd purchased from my friend Colleen - and yes, it's from one of her wonderful goats at Giant Cricket Farm. Now I just need to find the right shrug pattern. It's going to be so cool - a project from a named and loved "critter"!

My mom gave some wonderful purple yarn and a pattern for a "Broken Rib" scarf that she'd picked up for me at a fiber festival last summer. Now I have my mom shopping for me at fiber festivals! How cool is that?

I also started on the Corriedale I received in a "Monthly Adventures" swap. The roving was hand-dyed by Naomi in the UK and sent to me by AnniePurl. It's a dream to spin...and the colors are just gorgeous! I'm spinning it very thin and will definitely be Navajo plying to preserve the beautiful colorway. I'm not sure what I'll make with it just yet, but it will definitely be something that will showcase these colors.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:13 AM, Blogger Mia said…

    Sorry about the non-matching socks. I totally feel your pain! Ah well. That corrie top looks very yummy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home