Have Ewe Any Wool?

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Interesting Socks

Wow...I had no idea that the "Happy Choices" from Plymouth Yarns would produce such fun socks! I kept looking at the "flat" of pre-knitted and dyed "yarny goodness" calling to me from the shelves at Nature's Yarns wondering just what it would look like once "deconstructed" and knit into socks.

Thankfully, Brenda, a friend of mine, knit up a sock and partial sock from two of the "flats" of yarn. They're amazing! I just love how they knit up and find them to be quite attractive. Now, I'm thinking that I just may need to purchase one of them....to add to my stash! LOL!









I have finally managed to turn the heel on my second "Dark Chocolate Raspberry" sock. I'm ready to pick up stitches on the gusset. I'm real anxious to start on the foot so I can see if my choice of increasing the needle size to a size 1 will produce the right depth of heel for me. If it is, then I'll need to do the odious task of ripping out the first sock (that had been done on the size 0's) and re-knitting them on size 1's.


I have also completed another set of booties. These were delivered to a friend of mine this past Sunday at her baby shower. I used Dale of Norway Baby Ull - a 100% Merino wool. It's so soft and will definitely cuddle the little one with scrumptious softness.



I haven't even started working on the April Block of the Month...I'm so far behind! I also need to tally up my total yardage knit for April - I've been keeping track of the amount of yarn I've knit this year.


Oh...a couple of posts ago, I referenced a picture as that of a "Red Bud" Tree. Now that the "Red Bud" trees are blooming, I realize that I goofed. I'm not sure what type of tree is shown in my earlier post, but I definitely like the blooms on it! Obviously, I'm not a botanist or biologist! This is what a red bud tree actually looks like. I hope I didn't confuse anyone with my earlier faux pas!


Finally, here's the "full bloom" photo of the cherry tree in my front yard. I took this photo at the end of last week. This week, the petals have started dropping so fast that it's created a pink carpet on my front walk. The April showers we're getting makes it slick....and makes it stick to the shoes as well!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It is interesting to see how a sock works up from the flats. As usual your pictures are lovely!

     
  • At 3:08 PM, Blogger Jinann said…

    Thanks! And now that I see how the flats work up, it's making me want to knit one up!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home