Have Ewe Any Wool?

Monday, March 02, 2009

Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!

Yesterday, we got a little prelude of the snow to come. With a dusting of snow and sleet overnight, and temperatures just above freezing, it wasn't too bad. The roads were clear, and there was just enough snow to make it look pretty outside. The hedghogs were gently dusted as well.









I LOVE the snow...it's so pretty! There's nothing like a long walk in the gently falling snow. Today, however, the walk with the dog wasn't quite the idyllic walk that it usually is. The snow itself was quite pretty, but the winds have kicked up and with a temp of 21 degrees, the wind chill brings it down to the single digits. It also drives the snow right into your face and tends to clear the snow off the trees and rooftops....again, driving it right into your face.



















In spite of all of the negative with today's snow, I still love it....and I still love walking in the snow. Even in the less than idyllic circumstances. Even my dog also loves the snow - as a shepherd-huskie mix, she's a natural for this weather. She gets an added spring in her step whenever we walk in the snow. She loves to sniff the air, catch snowflakes as they descend from the sky, scoop up mouthfuls of snow as we walk, and discover all the new scents that seem to come with the snow.
Starting our walk...









At the end of our walk...covered in a light coating of snow.









As of 7 am, we had about 7 1/4 inches of snow at my house. That was enough to nearly hide my hedgies.....poor babies! The annoying wind, in addition blowing snow in my face as I walked my dog, created a snow drift just outside my front door...and added a "mini-drift" on my door lock! It's still snowing - who knows how much we'll have by the time it all ends!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home