Have Ewe Any Wool?

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Finally....Some Finished Felted Totes!

Although I haven't posted much, I have been rather busy and have finished a few things over the past couple of weeks.

I've FINALLY felted the two bags that have been languishing in the "to-do" pile since late summer/early fall. Once shouldn't rush these things you know...LOL!

The Skully bag felted down to a bag that's about 9 inches wide and 11 inches tall on the sides. It "bows up" a bit toward the center of the bag to be about 13 inches tall in the center. I believe it's a consequence of the method I used for the color work. I used the Fair Isle method where I carried both colors of yarn across the design and twisted the yarn every 2 or 3 stitches. I believe the pattern recommended intarsia. I kind of like the way it "curves" to the middle and am quite pleased with the results.

The multi-colored bag felted down to a rather small bag. I strung the handles through and grafted them together. The bags design is somewhat similar to the Booga Bag in construction. The handles are such that I can cinch them up to create short handles or a bit longer for use as a shoulder bag.














My final accomplishment was finishing the Lorna's Laces socks. I love them! The yarn is so wonderfully soft and the colors so vibrant! I did mess up one of the decreases on the first sock, so I had to frog it all the way back to the beginning of the first decrease row. The other issue with the sock is that the very top of the toe on the first sock is purple....and on the second sock, it's turquoise. I prefer a pretty much exact match on my socks, so I find it a bit annoying. I guess that since the tiny little tips of the toes will be hidden, it's not such a big deal. Sigh.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:34 PM, Blogger Lizardknits said…

    Yeah! finished projects! always a good thing! I like the small blue tote - I keep meaning to make myself a small one, for when I don't want to carry a lot of stuff. Which pattern did you use?

     
  • At 5:04 AM, Blogger Jinann said…

    No pattern.....I just kinda winged it. I know I noted down the pattern somewhere....last September, so hopefully I can find it again and post it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home