Have Ewe Any Wool?

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Today is Valentine's Day....one of the "holidays" that I just love! It's such a happy time...full of bright colors, pretty hearts and perhaps some chocolate and roses.

Once again, DH was over the top with a fabulous bouquet of roses. They are so fragant! I just love them. Pardon the arrangement of the roses...I'm not the best "floral arranger", but I tried. I think I need to go to remedial "florist school" - LOL! I also got a cool "Hoops and Yoyo" talking travel mug - I LOVE Hoops and Yoyo! Finally, we had a fabulous dinner at "The Blue Iguana" where I had the most incredible Seafood Linguine - lobster, crab, and scallops in a creamy lobster sauce.....mmmmmm! I was definitely a very spoiled sweetheart!

But that's not all. For the past two years, Valentine's Day has also meant some wonderful "knitty goodness" as well! On Ravelry, there's a group of us that do an exchange of yarn and goodies that we all open on Valentine's Day. This year, Suzie absolutely spoiled me with a fantastic box chock full of goodies. She even included Good and Plenties and Raisinets...both of which are a personal favorite! AND...she knitted me a face cloth with a cute heart design on it - I feel so special! The yarns she included are "to die for" - luscious Manos (deep, rich colors), yummy Chewy Spaghetti (vibrant and cheerful "Valentiney" colors) , and a gorgeous Fortissima Colori Socka Color sock yarn in a gorgeous turquoise with silver threads through it. The yarn glistens like it has little ice crystals resting on it - so cool! My next pair of socks will be a "sparkling pair" from this yarn!

3 Comments:

  • At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oooh. Gorgeous flowers, and glorious package of yarny (and edible) goodies!

     
  • At 2:38 PM, Blogger Kai said…

    You're roses are absolutely gorgeous! :)

    And your fibre-y goodies are great too. :D

     
  • At 7:02 PM, Blogger ColorJoy LynnH said…

    Sounds like you got yourself a keeper guy. Glad you had a nice day. Mine was also lovely.

    By the way, the sparkly sock yarn? Knit it one needle size larger than usual, if you knit densely at all.

    I made a pair of the same stuff, they are wonderful and literally wearing like iron. One of the plies is metallic, and it keeps the fabric from stretching as much as regular sockyarn.

    Mine I knit on zeros/2mm, and they are fully bulletproof, I think! Once I get them on, they are comfortable, but they are hard to pull over that heel.

    I'm going up to size 1 needles for the next pair with sparkles. For the record.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home