Have Ewe Any Wool?

Friday, May 01, 2009

Cherry Blossom Petals and Azaleas






I think the part I love most about Spring is all the gorgeous colors that surround me! I love the cherry blossoms, and then when they're done blooming, they literally produce a "carpet of petals" on my driveway, walkway, and yard. It's just beautiful.






Some even reached the front steps - reminiscent of a bride's rose petal strewn walkway. Doggie just doesn't understand what all the fuss is about and is clueless about my fascination with taking pictures! (Double click on the photo to take a peak at her peering out the door!)The down side of this beautiful outdoor carpet is that every time we enter the house, we carry several of these petals with us...what a mess!

Of course, once the cherry tree blossoms have bloomed and fallen, it's time for the Azeleas. I just love our Azalea bush - the vibrant pinks are my favorites. I have a few more that bloom a week or two later, but they're not quite as vibrant as these. The next group is more salmon in color rather than a bright and vibrant pink.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very pretty. I love Spring too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home