Have Ewe Any Wool?

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Looped!


Thursday night, I had a fabulous time at the Lincoln Theater in Washington, DC. My friend, Paula and I had a "girls night out" and went to see a wonderful play, "Looped"....starring the very talented Valerie Harper. The theater is absolutely beautiful inside. We had fabulous seats...but in all honesty, I don't think there's a bad seat in the house!


The play was absolutely fantastic! Lots of laughs and an exquisite performance by the exceptional cast. Valerie's was perfect as Tallulah Bankhead. You definitely don't want to miss this show! Tonight and tomorrow are the final performances, so you'd better hurry!!!!

Paula and I stuck around after the play to purchase Valerie's DVD, "Golda's Balcony" and then waited for her to come out to the lobby so we could chat with her. Valerie was very warm and down to earth - an absolute delight to be around! I've always admired Valerie - I'm glad I finally got to meet her in person!

The theater is next door to a very famous Washington, DC "hot spot" - Ben's Chili Bowl. Bill Cosby frequents this venue whenever he's in town. President Obama has eaten here as well. The photos and paintings are a wonderful pictorial history of interesting people that have frequented this eclectic restaurant.

Of course, Paula and I "had" to go in and try one of these famous chili dogs! I had mine "loaded"...and it was so good! Their fries are great too. I think that I'll try a milk shake with my chili dog the next time. And yes...it was very good, so there definitely will be a next time!



Oh...and to remember my visit to Ben's Chili Bowl, Paula gifted me with my very own Ben's T-Shirt for my birthday! What a sweetie! Thanks Paula!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home