Have Ewe Any Wool?

Saturday, March 01, 2008

My Moosie Has Arrived - Safe and Sound

Wahoo! My Moosie has arrived! She's dressed in an elegant red roving with a bit of gold glitz added in....the perfect attire to set off her lovely whirl of natural moose antler and her shaft of elegant tulipwood. I LOVE it!


I got to select which whirl I wanted as well as specify my wood preference. It was a VERY difficult decision as I fell in love with ALL of them! I wanted a whirl that was colorful and had a lot of character. I can't wait to try her out. I'm sure she'll spin like a dream! Thanks Sheila and Jonathan!

Oh...I finally decided on my spindle's name. I think I'll call her "Serena" after a small town in Illinois where I've gone canoing. It brings back very fond memories of drifting down the Fox River with my DD and Biscuit, her childhood dog. These memories are full visions of natural beauty, calmness, and serenity. When I spin with "Serena", I think it will help me recapture that same calmness and serenity while I appreciate the natural beauty inherent in the spindle itself.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:23 AM, Blogger Kai said…

    Serena is absolutely gorgeous! Would you believe I haven't actually tried spindling yet.. I have a Lout Gems spindle, but I haven't got around to it.

     
  • At 4:21 AM, Blogger Jinann said…

    The spindle is soooo portable - I brought one to the Scottish Games last fall and was able to walk around and listen to the music while spinning. It was a lot of fun!

     
  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger Lanea said…

    I'm so glad it finally came! I hope you like spinning with it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home