Have Ewe Any Wool?

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!


Today is such a beautiful day! It's in sharp contrast to the results of the freezing rain and ice that we all woke up to yesterday morning! I love how the ice looks, but really hate the after effects - slick roads and sidewalks.

I started the day by opening my fabulous swap package from my Ravelry Valentine's partner - Sunmoon (Fern). Thanks so much! There are so many goodies that I don't know where to begin. The yarns are absolutely gorgeous! She must have known that I really have a thing for mohair! I just love the red - it's the perfect shade!

In addition to the yarn, she sent three wonderful patterns - thanks! There were also tons of fabulous "Valentines" treats: chocolates, candles, heartshaped candle holder, a really cool heart shaped bottle, and an awesome mug with a heart design. AND....she also included both tea and coffee so I can "test out" my new mug. AND...yes, there's more...she included a treat for my doggie - Sandy. As you can see, Sandy was quite intrigued by the doggie treats....and VERY anxious for me to open them for her!














My Valentine's Day "spoiling" continued....with lovely purple tulips from DH as well as an adorable stuffed "Pepe Le Pew" that speaks with a French accent when you squeeze his little foot. He's just too cute for words! We finished the day with a lovely meal at the Blue Iguana - they always have a fabulous menu for Valentine's Day and today was no exception.

My DH definitely treats me very well...I feel very fortunate! I gave him a few treats as well, so he was definitely not neglected. My favorite surprise for him were these cute little heart shaped brownies - I think I overfilled a couple of the "brownie cups". Of course, after tonight's dinner, he was way too full to enjoy them, but tomorrow's another day. Perhaps a "breakfast brownie" to start his day out right????

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home