Have Ewe Any Wool?

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Knitting Progress.....

I finished a quick little scarf using the Feather and Fan pattern. I love the sense of accomplishment when you finish something. It doesn't really matter how hard or how easy a pattern or project was...the euphoria is still the same! For this scarf, I used the Classic Elite Premier - 50% Pima Cotton and 50% Tencel. It feels WONDERFUL! I got the yarn from my Ravelry swap partner in December - she'd selected the perfect color!









My "Good and Plenty" socks are coming along as well....I've completed the first sock and have just turned the heel on the second sock. As usual, I'm using the "Hellen's Favorite Socks" pattern by Fiber Trends in the 3x1 rib pattern. I'm currently in the throws of doing the heel gusset decreases on the second sock, so it won't be long before I have a finished pair! I love how the Meilenweit yarn knits up - the colors are wonderful!

Weather tidbit: In a word, it's been UNBELIEVABLE! Today it was EXTREMELY balmy - in the low 70's! That's about 35 degrees warmer than normal for this time of year! The winds were really blowing this afternoon making the lower clouds move quite fast while the upper clouds remained stationary. I captured a short video of the clouds skimming across the sky.....just to give you an idea of the unusual winds we had.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:20 AM, Blogger Kai said…

    the knitting looks great. i love feather and fan! and the socks look fun! wow, those clouds were really moving quick!

     
  • At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Those are some winds, wow. We're expecting 50cm of snow, here. -_-

    That lilac yarn looks like it feels soooo nice, and the scarf's beautiful.

    Pink and grey = one of life's great colour combinations. Fab socks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home