Have Ewe Any Wool?

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Progress.....NOT!




ARGH! I was making such good progress on the Irish Hiking Scarf! At nearly 35 inches, and just a bit to go on the 3rd ball of yarn, I was ALMOST 3/4 of the way done. Time for joy and happiness, right?





Wrong. Silly me neglected to keep to the pattern on the last four stitches in five, yes, count them, five places.
I kept looking at the edges of the front of the scarf and thought that a few places looked a bit "odd". I chalked it up to "fresh knitting" that's just not quite laying rights. I FINALLY looked at the back of the scarf last night and found that I need to rip back about 2/3 of what I've done because the edging is not right! ARGH! I probably would have "let it slide" had I not made the SAME mistake all 5 times....and once, it was for multiple rows - a VERY noticeable error. UGH.

Needless to say, all my excitement has vanished. Plans to finish the scarf by the weekend are now gone. I'm putting the scarf in time out for an evening or two. I can't rip out "fresh stitches"....I have to let them "age"....LOL! Lessons learned: Always check BOTH sides of your work....and if it "feels" like something is not quite right, then it probably isn't!

All is not lost though...I did make progress on another WIP. I nearly panicked yesterday when someone mentioned Mystery Stole 4 (MS4). I'm not even done with Mystery Stole 3 (MS3)! Luckily, MS4 will not be starting until very late summer/early fall. Thank goodness! So, since I've put the scarf in "time out", I decided that I'd better get in gear and work some more rows of MS3. I had MUCH better luck with MS3 and completed 10 new rows!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:08 AM, Blogger Kai said…

    Awww *hugs* Must've been the night for it. I had to take back the cable rows on my tangled yoke last night when I noticed I'd missed increasing stitches on a purl row. I was not happy.

    Oh, yeh, MS3.. hmm.. mine is still waiting to be picked up again.. oops.

     
  • At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bah! Frogging's been in the air lately. I'm like you--if I have to rip back a significant amount of stitches, I can't usually do it right away. The knit has to sit in the naughty pile for a bit, first.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home