Have Ewe Any Wool?

Sunday, February 10, 2008

More Projects!

Of course, I can't finish one or two projects and have that be it. No, not me. Do you think I'll be inspired to tackle a couple of my UFO's that have been languishing for varied amounts of time? No. What about starting one of the MANY "Projects in Waiting"? Again....no.

Instead, I decide to add two NEW projects to my queue and quickly purchase all the materials to work on them! The first is the Irish Hiking Scarf. I started that one last night. I'm using a nice deep teal Merino Otto 8-ply Merino (worsted weight). I took the photo on the left last night (after I finished the first ball of yarn). As of tonight, I'm halfway done - the scarf will take 4 skeins, and I've already knitted two of them! I suspect I'll be done with this one by t the end of the week. (I had seen a fabulous version of Irish Hiking Scarf as a work-in-progress at the Reston S&B this past week. It was absolutely gorgeous! That's what "made" me "have to have one"! There's just something about seeing a project in real life rather than on a web page that's really inspiring. I guess you experience the true beauty of a project when you can both touch it and see it.)

The second project is a felted tote bag with a skull on it. I think it's the perfect complement to my black and pink skull knitting tote. I purchased the Aussi Worsted weight yarn in black and white to complete that project. I hope to start on it later this week. The pattern is called "Felted Knitting Tote" by Adrian Bizilia.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:33 AM, Blogger Kai said…

    But it looks so good! :)

    I understand about the WIPs and casting on new ones though.... *whistles and looks away*

     
  • At 9:41 AM, Blogger Mia said…

    Skull tote? Yarrrr, must be knit like a pirate week :)

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Jinann! Your scarf looks beautiful. I'm so excited that you decided to make one after seeing mine. Now if only I could ever finish it. Hehe.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home