Have Ewe Any Wool?

Monday, February 25, 2008

My New Blankie!

Sunday, we trekked out to Front Royal to visit my DH's grandma, aka Mema, and his parents. We had lunch and a nice visit. Then I got a fabulous surprise. Mema used to crochet afghans and she still has many of them - they're all gorgeous!

Much to my surprise, my MIL told me that Mema had one of them earmarked for me! I was absolutely thrilled! As a crafter myself, I truly treasure handmade items. When we located the afghan, I discovered it was purple! Wahoo! It's deep purple (it looks blue in the photo), lilac, and white with deep purple edging. I LOVE IT!!!!


Mema recalled that I was "absolutely crazy about purple", so she decided I definitely needed to have the purple afghan. I felt soooo special! I've already used it too - I took it to yoga last night to snuggle under for Savasana. There's nothing that more comforting than a handmade blankie! Thanks Mema!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:36 AM, Blogger Kai said…

    Wow!! That is gorgeous! Lucky you to have Mema! :)

     
  • At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Eee, hooray! Handmade blankets are the best kind.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home