Have Ewe Any Wool?

Thursday, February 28, 2008

My Moosie Is On It's Way!

Wahoo! Just got a message from Sheila Bosworth that my Moosie has been packaged and shipped and is winging it's way to me! The Moosie is just one of the fabulous spindles that Jonathan and Sheila craft at Journey Wheel. A Moosie is a hand crafted top whirl drop spindle designed and crafted by the Bosworths from real moose antlers. The antlers used are FOUND on the ground when the moose has shed his antler(s) and are NOT removed from live mooses. As a result, each Moosie is very unique and has it's own color and "signature" from it's natural origins.

I had added my name to the Moosie waiting list way back in mid-June 2007...with about 110 people ahead of me and an estimated START time of April 2008. I was absolutely thrilled to death when I got an offer in January to be bumped up! Good things DO happen to those who wait! Now I have to come up with a cute name for my Moosie....hmmmmm.

I've also signed up for March Sweater Madness! The goal is to finish a sweater in a month. I saw a post about this on Javajem's blog and thought this would be a fabulous way for me to get over the hump of NOT finishing a sweater. Peer pressure can do wonders! You can sign up too if you hurry - just go to the Sweet Sheep and sign up!

While I was reading Javajem's latest posts, I noticed here latest finished object - a stunning sweater, the Ariann. I am adding it to my ever expanding queue of "must do" projects. It's really gorgeous!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home