Have Ewe Any Wool?

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My Fabulous Tops and Pots!

Wow! In this month's installment of the "Monthly Adventures" on Ravelry, we did an exchange where we knit a hat or headband for our swap partner - the "Tops" part of the swap. We were to also provide a recipe for them to make in a single pot - thus the "Pots" part of the swap.

I had a lot of fun knitting the hat for my partner....and I sent her the recipe for my homemade beef barley stew. The stew and some bread make a hearty winter treat - and it's good for you too!

The package I received came all the way from France! It was fantastic! I received a LOVELY hat in the perfect colorway for me - purples and pinks! Yum! The pattern is the "Fetching Inspired Hat" and it's absolutely gorgeous. My swappee said this was her FIRST time using DPN's and circs and I think the result was absolutely perfect! Rebecca should be very proud of herself - she did a great job!

In addition to the hat, she included some extra yarn and instructions for me to make a "Mystery Project" I can't wait to start on it - I'm real anxious to see what it is. (Obviously, I'll have another post with an update when I complete my "Mystery Project".)

The package also included a tin of morue (cod) - one of the required ingredients for the recipe she provided. The recipe is for a typical French family dinner of Brandade de Morue. It's mixed with mashed potatoes and cheese and them baked. It sounds delicious! Of course, if you're not a fish eater, a dinner of Brandade de Morue may not appeal to you, but since I love fish, I'm certain I'll love it! (I'll provide a "food critique" once I've made and enjoyed this dish.)

Thanks Rebecca!

1 Comments:

  • At 2:05 AM, Blogger Kai said…

    It's a gorgeous hat! And the Morue recipe reminds me of my weekends in Paris! I love fish! Can't wait to see your mystery project...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home