Have Ewe Any Wool?

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Knitting Progress for the Week

It was a "light week" for me on the knitting front - life kept intervening. I did, however, manage to knit another inch or two on my Colinette socks (the hot pink and purple one....very subtle colors....LOL!!!) I should have the sock done by the end of the month. I would have predicted sooner, but I'm also working on a sweater for "March Sweater Madness" as well as the Ravelry "Monthly Adventures C/KAL", so that will be occupying MOST of my knitting moments this month.

I'm pretty excited about the sweater - it's the first top down and first Raglan I've even knit, so I'll be blazing new trails for myself with this project. Also, since I've been so lame at completing sweaters (even sleeveless ones!), I'm really looking forward to actually FINISHING one!

Details:
========
Pattern - Mr. Greenjeans (from Knitty)
Yarn - Aslan Trends Artesanal in a flecked brick red colorway
Content - 40% Cotton, 30% Alpaca, and 30% Polyamide

I am a bit behind on the sweater as I didn't even have the yarn until yesterday. I've already completed about 21 rows, and it seems to be going quite well. I really like the "feel" of the fabric knitted up.





In other knitting, I completed my hat for the "Tops and Pots" swap and sent it and some other goodies off to my secret pal. The hat I made was the "Retro Cloche" in white with a rolled brim and Mauve ribbon accent. I made it from Elle's 50% Cotton /50% Wool yarn.




My friend, Lynn, made some lovely stitch markers for me that I've sent off to another swap partner. I can't wait to see if she likes them or not. She hadn't had any pretty stitch markers...just the standard stuff you can buy at the supply stores, so she was quite happy with the first set I sent her. These are a bit fancier....and I think she's REALLY like them. I had a hard time sending these off.....they were so pretty, I was tempted to keep them for myself!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:58 PM, Blogger k_purls2 said…

    I'm so glad you sent them to me! I LOVE THEM! THANK YOU!

    I really like that hat you knit. What pattern is that? Totally cool.

    Good luck with your raglan. It's not too bad, I did the green gable and it was a top down raglan, went fast.
    Knit O!

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Lindsey said…

    What an adorable hat. I'll have to look that one up!

    Can't wait to see how Greenjeans progresses. I peeked at the March Sweater Madness, since I have hopes of knitting a sweater this month....but I'm already settled on another Green Gable for my pattern, so can't join the KAL with that. :-)

    You have a very lucky swap partner--cute markers!

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger Mia said…

    That hat is too cute! The sweater project sounds very exciting. The finishing's always the tricky bit - after all that knitting, then there's all that blocking and all that sewing and all that other less fun stuff. In the end though it's always worth it :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home