Have Ewe Any Wool?

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Knitting

.
I have completed a few smaller projects - primarily some Christmas knitting for a couple of ornament swaps. I completed two sets of mini-Christmas stockings using Jean Greenhowe's mini stocking pattern - one in red and one in green from some Christmas acrylic with a bit of glitter. I chose the stockings because they could be filled with candy or mini candy canes. I embellished them with a braid made of all three Christmas yarns. I was quite pleased with the "finished look" that the braids added.

For one of the swaps, we were to include a hand crafted item as well, so I chose the "Bathing Beauties" pattern by Evelyn Clarke and made both a soap sack and a face cloth from Aslan Trends "Glaciar Del Cielo" - a nice soft cotton. I love this pattern as well as the yarn - it makes a fabulous gift set.

The stockings were a lot of fun and very easy. I'm thinking about making some more next year - probably in a lighter weight yarn as the worsted weight was a bit heavy. Perhaps I'll make a variety of these to put on my tree!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home