Have Ewe Any Wool?

Monday, November 28, 2011

Knitting and Crocheting - A Few Fun Projects

.
I managed to get in some knitting this month as well. I made the "Felted Bag with Mitered Squares". It was a fun knit and only took 4 skeins of Poems yarn by Universal. I loved the colors - both prefelted (on left) and post-felting (right) Once I felted it, I realized that I should have had my squares turned differently to match the pattern - all the angles should join in the center.



Even though I didn't follow the pattern exactly (what a rebel!), I still like how it turned out. I also liked the way the designer incorporated smaller mitered squares around the sides and bottom of the bag.


I also tried my hand at a bit of crocheting and made a Tardis ornament with a snow covered roof. I embellished it with a bit of white felt to make the windows. It kinda looks like a snow covered Tardis...if you squint your eyes a bit.



I also made a couple more of the mesh scarves. I LOVE how they look! Both of these are for swaps. I hope they like them! I am planning to make another pink, green, and mauve scarf - this time for myself. I love that one...it reminds me of a rose garden. My mom saw me making the blue one...and fell in love with it. Now I have to make yet another one so my mom can have one as well! Looks like there's at least two more scarves on the horizon!

I'll end with the beautiful sunrise and sunset that I caught earlier this week. The colors are stunning. (You've probably figured out by now that I LOVE sunrises and sunsets!)

Sunrise...












Sunset...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home