Have Ewe Any Wool?

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Summer Fare

Mmmmm.....who says you have to have the "same old thing" all the time? I love salads, but sometimes, I just want something a little different to accompany my meal. Monday night, I decided to make salad, but with a bit of a twist. I was quite pleased with the result - it was very colorful, refreshing, and summery! There were a couple of Dolmas, a spoonful of roasted red pepper hummus, half an avocado (sliced), a handful of grape tomatoes, and a few wedges of pita bread all resting atop some mixed baby greens. Delicious! It's definitely a departure from the usual side salad!

Back to the knitting front.....

I've been continuing to work on the Magic Arrow Lace Scarf and it's finally beginning to look like a real project! I managed to successfully knit several rows on Tuesday and Wednesday. It seems I've finally turned the corner on the "yarn splitting" problem - I'm much more aware of what my needles are doing and can avoid splitting the yarn for the most part. When I do split it, I'm catching it right away, so I haven't had to tear back for repairs.

However, all is not quite golden. As I've increased my skill at avoiding "the splits", I seem to have relaxed a bit and I've found another way to mess up. Row 1 starts with k1 tbl followed by k3 and a yo. I somehow fixate on the k3 and end up knitting a total of 3 stitches instead of 4 - essentially, I'm doing k1 tbl followed by a k2 and a yo. It's getting better though....instead of catching my error during row 2 of the pattern, I'm catching it in the offending row. I still have to tear back a few stitches, but it's not too bad. I'm also starting to double check my row 1 after the first 5 or 6 stitches. This is an easy lace pattern, so I don't know why it's giving me such fits!

And now, for something completely different....

My step-daughter (SD) came up for a visit this past weekend - kind of a combined Mother's Day, Father's Day, and Birthday visit. (Obviously, we like to drag our holidays out! It's much more fun that way!) She gave me a gift card to JoAnn Fabrics - wahoo! I always find stuff on line from there that I "need" - LOL!

As it turns out, my SD is quite the carpenter! She didn't have a saddle rack for her SUV, so she built one herself. It's awesome! I'm very proud of her. It's even got a storage bin in the bottom for some of the tack and other "horse needs". Pretty cool, eh?












And finally, a quiz...

What color is your rainbow? Here's mine...



Your rainbow is intensely shaded violet, pink, and yellow.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

What is says about you: You are a creative person. You appreciate optimism. You're good at getting people to like you. You are a good listener and your friends are glad to have you around in difficult times.

Find the colors of your rainbow at spacefem.com.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger Lizardknits said…

    The saddle stand also looks like it would be a nice quilt/blanket stand for the foot of a bed as well.
    I did the colors thing too, came out "shaded blue", all blue/purple/green!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home