Have Ewe Any Wool?

Monday, July 06, 2009

Birthday Roving

The birthday celebration continued on Sunday afternoon with the addition of some luscious Merino roving from my friend Elizabeth. The deep purples and blues are perfect! She definitely knows my colors! I can't wait to spin this up! My goal is to have it done sometime over the next two weeks. I also plan to spin up the yummy stuff I got earlier from Rachel as well.


I had given her some roving as well (funny how we knitters and spinners seem to gift each other with similar things - LOL!). She won't be spinning that for a while though as she's bought her first fleece (congrats!) and has been busy cleaning, carding, and spinning it for a sweater. It's lots of work, but when she's done, she'll have a priceless heirloom! The only part she won't have done with that project is "raise the sheep".

Oh...Elizabeth had a fabulous mini-bag that's perfect for organizing all your notions, etc. on the table top while you're busily knitting away. It's the perfect size to slip into your larger bag so you always have your much needed notions nearby.

Anita had some gorgeous socks she was working on. From a distance, you don't really see the patterning of the stitches, but up close, it was fabulous! I can't remember what the name of the pattern was - and silly me didn't jot it down! (I will find out though!) Edited to add: The sock pattern is the "Mockery Socks" and is available on Ravelrly. (Thanks to Elizabeth for letting me know!)

I also added a couple of shawls to my queue of future projects - thanks to the gorgeous ones that Gretchen, Anita and Catherine are working on and/or planning. (I just loved the Two Old Bags shawl pattern that she'd just finished! Unfortunately, I didn't think to take pictures at the time!) The two shawl patterns I'm adding to me queue are: "Birch" (found in Rowan 34 - a pattern by Sharon Miller) and "Miralda" (found in the book "Knitted Lace of Estonia" by Nancy Bush). I saw the photo of Anita's "Miralda" and it's fabulous! I think she made it in Zephyr (merino/silk). Catherine is making the same shawl but out of Alpaca yarn from Furnace Mountain Alpacas.

Getting together to knit with friends is definitely dangerous...the exposure to their lovely projects always increases my project queue!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:30 PM, Blogger Hanna said…

    I have noticed that meeting other knitters is dangerous for stash. Every time you find new yarns, patterns andbooks. But it's also nice.

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Blogger Lizardknits said…

    Can't wait to see that roving spun up! Here's the link Anita sent me for the Mockery Socks....
    http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mockery-socks

     

Post a Comment

<< Home