Have Ewe Any Wool?

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

What a beautiful and sunny day for Easter! Although it started out below freezing, it's warmed up nicely and the bright sunshine promises that Spring is finally here! The trees are budding, the flowers are coming up....ahhhh.....what a joyous time of the year!

I received some darling "lambie" Easter treats from my DH - the stuffed lamb talks and "baaahs" - it's soooo cute! I just love the Pez dispenser! It's mounted on a keychain that I can attach to my knitting bag - how cool is that? The little egg-shaped lamb is full of Hershey's kisses.....mmmmm.....chocolate!


On the knitting front, I've made some great headway on the "Mr. Greenjeans Sweater". I've completed the split for the arms and finished the stockinette portion of the top. I'm now ready to start the cable portion of the sweater body. I'm quite pleased with how well this is turning out.


The only part I don't like is working with the circs....I prefer to knit on straights - it's much faster for me. I find that I knit MUCH slower using the circs, but with around 200 stitches on the needles at some pointes, I definitely needed the circs. I don't think I'll quite finish it during the "March Sweater Madness" time period, but it will be close!

3 Comments:

  • At 4:46 PM, Blogger Mia said…

    Cute little lambies! The sweater's really coming along. Even if it goes on into April, it'll still be a "Mostly March" sweater :)

     
  • At 4:35 AM, Blogger Kai said…

    Aww such cutsie little pressies!! :)

    Greenjeans is looking good.

    Happy Easter honey!

     
  • At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ooh, gorgeous colour for Mr. Not-Greenjeans. =D

    I'm kinda the opposite... I knit slower on straights because they're harder on my wrists. Weird.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home