Have Ewe Any Wool?

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Projects!

.
As promised in my previous post, here's a picture of the finished skein of pink
Merino. This is just the first of four 4 oz. skeins that I'm spinning for the Blue Ridge Spinners and Weavers Spinning Challenge. I still need to spin up the other three....AND decide on a technique and design for a bag - knitted, crocheted, or woven. Oh the decisions!!!!


I have made some significant progress on my rug hooking project as well. I'm so excited! This is my first REAL project in rug hooking. It looks a bit messy because I haven't trimmed up the ends. It's also a learning project, so I've found there are several things that I'll do differently the next time. Most of what I've learned centers on how/where to angle the strips as I add them to the work in progress to make it look the most pleasing to the eye. Another area I'm struggling with is how close together to put each strip - my sheep is pretty dense and thick. Next time, I'll allow a bit more space so it's not quite as tight.


My "Holden Shawl" is really coming along. I've started the lace borders, so it won't be much longer before this is finished! Once it's done and blocked, I'll need to add the beads. That will be a bit tricky as the edging is created through a picot bind off.


Today, I got to see Sarah and her gorgeous baby! Sarah is looks fabulous (as always), but for some reason, doesn't have much time left over for knitting - imagine that! She is working on an absolutely fascinating scarf/stole that I'm definitely adding to my list of "projects in waiting" - it's the "Summit" scarf from Knitty - Spring 2010. It's absolutely stunning!


Nannette had a gorgeous shawl that I'm definitely lusting over....it's in my colors! Isn't it awesome? It's the "Flower Bead Shawl." I snuggled in it and warned her that she just might not get it back! (I did eventually "relinquish" it back to her care. Sigh. It's made from Kauni yarn. I LOVE how the yarn morphs to through the various shades of purple and grey! (I have several skein of this same type of yarn...and I believe I even have some in this same colorway! Yikes! One more project added to my ever expanding "Project in Waiting" queue!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home